Give one monkey 100 cameras...

So if photography is getting so easy that  a monkey can do it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2011/jul/05/macaues-indonesia-wildlife?CMP=twt_fd

What do we need photography for? And if photographs are becoming more and more artsy, with greater potencial for creativity what do we need artists for?

I am dead certain that something new is around the bend.  Pushing bounds of "multi media" (which did not use to mean computer driven pieces) and the definition of interactivity (which is again, a term that has become identified with computers but need not be.  I would like to see a push toward a more view-centric creativity.  Art for Art sake, sure.  But one that interacts with the viewing public in new ways.  As the impressonist wished to evoke feeling and emotion from their viewers, so too should this new 'ism push the viewers attention and evoke a reaction.

I do wish I had more time and greater access to post more consistently,  I will make the effort to post more this month.  Thank you all for your support.


view my portfolio:

Comments

Popular Posts