Dreams, Movies, and real Politics (sorry)

I had too much to dream last night, too much to dream. So I dreamt about running for Congress. I think I could reasonably make a go of this, but the dream was interesting and very telling about my thoughts on this state of our Union.
The first part was a little like the classic Robert Altman film “Bob Roberts” with me in the Tim Robbins role; showing up to rallies on my motorcycle, making backroom deals, and generally pissing people off.



The second part was a little bit more “Independence Day” however; because when I got into congress I realized that it was occupied by extraterrestrials bent on world domination. 
Then it became necessary to pair with the likes of Ted Cruz to unite Tea Partiers and Progressives in an effort to rid the government of this plaque of aliens that seek to rule by fear and divisiveness.
I am not sure what makes the alien government different from the current government the strives to divide down party lines, keep us ignorant by using corporate stooges to control the media, and increasingly arm and militarize our law enforcement agencies that view themselves as occupying forces in hostile territory rather than a public service in a community. But in my dream armed insurrection seemed the only option.
In reality, we don’t seem that far behind.


Comments

Popular Posts