She's a Beauty, One in a Million.

I bought my R90/6 in April of 1993, it was my birthday and after a bit of a false start (not a crash or anything just a literal bad starter) I was able to ride it home from Marin County to my apartment just south of San Francisco. This meant crossing the Golden Gate Bridge on a glorious spring evening. I was literally howling at the moon and was even able to get the toll taker to let me pass free because it was my birthday and I had this beautiful motorbike. And so it goes, flash forward all these years and the many many bikes in between, but this love affair that has followed me around the country California to Denver back to the bay area and then, alas, to New Jersey where the bike has sat now for ten or twelve years. I originally parked it because it started to run rough and at an advanced idle. After exhausting my first aid skills I took it to a professional who told me that is was likely the woodruff key had worn out and needed to be replaced. I have no idea the veracity of this claim, but I have been dragging the dead carcass around for years. AND NOW YATATA DA!! I get to start the process of taking her apart nut from bolt and refreshing and or replacing everything that I can and like Frankenstein resurrecting the old girl. Pictures are to come, but here she is being brought to my new workshop in Branchburg NJ


and this just for fun.
 

Comments

Popular Posts