John Marston, Keep an eye on him



Yesterday I had an opportunity to watch an 11 minute video by a young film student named John Marston (no not the character from Red Dead Redemption video games) and I was quite impressed.  Up to this point, all that I had seen from him were his many skate videos. And while these prove his talent as editor and steady camera operator, this is the first time there has been a story.  It is not a simple story, nor is it something that overtly beats you over the head.  It is subtle and complex and waaay creepy.
I like his use of locations and his, what one might call, cinematography.  The scenes are presented well and framed elegantly.  Right down to the placement of the feet of his main character while tying his shoes.
Someone needs to give this kid a budget.







view my portfolio:

Comments

Popular Posts