4

What is it about the #4? In some cultures it symbolizes death. For me they seem to pop up everywhere.  Just the other day when I was picking out my new eyeglasses, Twin Shocks in pewter by Oakely Rx. Camille likes them because they appear to have bubbles on the temple pieces, I like them because they are easy to get on and off under my helmet, but I digress



The bill came to 404 dollars and some change. Which made us laugh, but it wasn't until I got in the car and looked at the clock, as I was going to have to wait about an hour, that it struck me.  I took out the receipt for $404.53 which was printed at precisely 4:04pm.  Duh Wha?
My daughter was born at precisely 4:00am, I, as many of you know, was born on the 4th day of the 4th month. 

So what is it? Again to some it means death and is to be feared. To some death is nothing more than a great adventure.  Death could be the end or could merely be a change in state of being. 
the way ice melts into water. Ashes to ashes and all that. But it is more than the sum of it's meaning it is 4 perhaps mathematically the substantial number, not to belittle two or three, it is just four. It a square and a root, it is the end and yet the beginning. I find it everywhere ( maybe only because I look for it )  on the sides on buses, receipts for the eye doctor, and all over the fourth disks of the fourth season of MadMen. 

Four, fore, for, 4



view my portfolio:
coroflot.com/m8qlaff

Comments

Popular Posts