Inspired by random Tweets

I do find that I am increasingly drawn to Twitter and its (albeit false) sense of intimacy.  I find myself retweeting a lot, and commenting to people who are in my hero category.  And I get inspired, like by this post from Dwell about a mid century designer from Brazil who I know little about.

http://www.dwell.com/slideshows/sergio-rodrigues-profile.html?slide=21&c=y&paused=true

As a designer I often wonder at the list of revered designers and how little recognition they get.  I have come to the conclusion that it is always a chair that is remembered best. From Saarinen's Tulip chair to the Eames Lounger. We are all known for our chairs.

Mies van der Rohe's Barcelona

The formed plywood lounger of Charles and Rae Eames

The Tulip Armchair by the king of mid-century moderne cool
Eero Saarinen


                                       
and of course the father of it all,
Le Corbusier




Now I got to come up with a design worthy of the greats. Oh, and execute it!

view my portfolio:

Comments

Popular Posts