Still musing on Creativity


Here is how I have described myself.
I am a creative professional.

One sentence says what anyone needs to know about me. Let’s examine it more closely. I, an individual striving for self-actualization, interested in a vast array of subjects and hobbies, and achieving in art and design since the age of 12.

Am, implies a state of being in the present existing here and now.

Creative, Kurt Andersen of Studio 360, whom I have spoken to about the subject, has made a career out of pursuing a definition for this term. But no matter how one defines it, creativity is about connecting the dots. The first human to look up at the stars and see pictures to tell stories about, was creative. The person who beat a rhythm on a log and heard the difference once the log was hollowed out, was creative. The guy who looked at an artichoke thistle and said, “I could eat that.” was creative, or really really hungry. Still it was the ability to see a creative solution to his hunger and thus discover a delicacy. I have a proven ability to see alternative solutions and an undeniable knack for connecting dots around obstacles and down blind alleys.

Professional, defined as anything worth doing is worth doing well. No matter that you are a waiter or the CEO of Hostess, hone your craft. Know the rules of your trade. Present well and communicate a rich, lush experience. I have business acumen and a manner that has been fine-tuned in the classroom and the boardroom. I collaborate well and have demonstrated the ability to multi task and manage projects to successful completion.

Comments

Popular Posts