Microsoft putting money where its mouth is.




So I was asked to comment yesterday on the Nokia / Microsoft synergy, big surprise. But this is seriously a WIN for both companies as they continue to carve out their niche from both Android and Apple. They can slowly nibble away at the foundations of both while creating a strong third alternative in the process. With the ability to control both sides of the equation, device and operating system, as does Apple, while allowing the flexibility of third party development Microsoft can take the best from both philosophies.
I am very happy with my Nokia Windows 8 phone the screen is phenomenal and the camera with its Carl Zeiss lens is as good as advertized (and I a 928 not even a 1020) Here are some thoughts about the phone from when I got it.  http://m8qlaff.blogspot.com/2013/06/microsoft-upping-its-game.html I have found a shortage of useful apps but the offerings are growing and the native functions work quite well. The augmented reality feature on the HERE maps app was a little disconcerting a first but once I realized what it was doing I was jazzed. I like the versatility of the UI and the device itself. I will say it is a bit hefty but the square corner fits comfortably in the crotch of my pinkie and it balances quite well there. Also it is a “right –hand” design and being a lefty it is some times a little awkward which is something I never noticed with the iPhones or Galaxies. It is always my hope that the industrial designers will take a close look at the ergonomics. Over all I give it high marks and I enjoy the UX as well.

I think it is great deal for both of them and insures growth and encourages diversity, always a good thing.


Here is a comprehensive third party review, by Android Authority, so he wasn't likely to like it.

 

Comments

Popular Posts